Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3: Water Baby

I was born in Sarasota, but didn't live here long enough to appreciate the amount of history and beauty that this city holds. Today, Dad and I took a trip out to the edge of the water to one of my favorite food spots: The Old Salty Dog. Although they are famous for their deep fried hot dogs, I can't say that I indulged in said hot dog. Instead, I enjoyed a Grouper Wrap with a side of the oh-so-addicting Diet Coke.

After our wonderful, filling lunch, Dad and I took a drive up Gulf Of Mexico Drive. This had to be one of the most beautiful drives I have ever taken. Past all of the high rise condos and beautiful golf courses, were the calm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. I'll tell you right now that the view of that large body of water never gets old. Although I didn't get to snap any photos of this scene because it started to drizzle, I will hopefully make it over that way again soon so that I can share those photos with you! But, for today, enjoy pictures of the rustic and cute Old Salty Dog! :)

Cutest little boat, named after one of my all time favorite 'Beatles' songs!



My De-li-cious Grouper Wrap!



Some of their festive decorations!



The scene from their front dock. Never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment