Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 21: With Departures Come Snow

Well, my wintery vacation is officially over. As much as I hate leaving my family back in Ohio, I have to admit that I am a bit excited about putting on shorts tomorrow, and the next day, and the following 11 months thereafter. That cold weather stuff if fun, but only for so long. As we were departing to the airport, I got the ONLY thing I was wishing for while I was there; SNOW! Not only was I able to enjoy standing outside with all of the little flurries, I got to see a landscape of white the entire hour ride to the airport. I will admit, the white stuff is probably best observed from inside, with a warm coffee in hand. Although the snow greeted us on our way out, I was just glad to be able to see it before our flight back down South. Also, America had it's own excitement today as we practiced events of a free country with Inauguration Day. Although I may differ in opinion from the current politics, it was still such a warming feeling to be able to watch the events that happened today. It reminds me why I love living in this free country, where we have the freedom to vote for our leaders and our voices are heard by those in charge. Happy Monday!


Baby Snowflakes!


Snow on the car!


Runway full of flurries!


A clip of the Inauguration that I was watching on my phone!





No comments:

Post a Comment