Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 48: Surprise Gifts!

My grandma (I call her 'Mama', for future reference) is THE CUTEST.

This past weekend when I was home visiting, I asked her to help a granddaughter out and fix some jeans for me. Being the supreme seamstress that she is, she took the whole task into her own hands. Have you seen my sewing? I haven't done so since 7th grade HomeEc when I was forced to sew a pillow. Oh, it was b-e-a-utiful. There began my "She can't even hold a needle and thread" reputation. That's besides the point. My Mama is just a saint when it comes to anything that I break. She always comes to the rescue if my Mother doesn't get to it first. Between the two of them, I have my own crew of fixers.

Back to my story...

I came home today to find a package with a pair of jeans from Old Navy. While my Mama was fixing my jeans, she wrote down the style, size and store they were from AND ORDERED ME ANOTHER PAIR. Totally surprised and couldn't believe it. Not only can she fix everything, but she's always so thoughtful. I couldn't believe it. It's the little things that get me, and my family knows that. Love you, Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment