Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 33: Take Your Pick, Wineo

Again, I realize I'm continuing on my adult beverages trend, but I still don't mind. I have also realized that I have become a wineo, yet I am still not well versed on wine knowledge. Mainly because the knowledge isn't the fun part, right?

Have I ever mentioned that I have some pretty great friends?! Two of the girls that I hang out with in town are two people that I have grown to really respect because of the way they have 'taken care' of me since I've been in this town. Tonight was nothing short of the great things they involve me in. We all three ventured to a wine bar in downtown called 'Sarasota Vineyard'. Having been to an actual vineyard, I know this place fell short of being anything close to the actual thing, but it was 100% one of the coolest places I have experienced. Upon walking in the doors, you are greeted by the most anxious wine-giver-outers ever! First, you have to put a personally selected amount of money on a plastic card, which you'll use to pay for the endless samples of wine you'd like to try. Once you fill your card, you are given a wine class and free reign to sample anything they have in house (so long as you have the correct amount of funds. Situations like these come at a price, hello!) Thing is, the wine is dispensed like soda. I can't even make this stuff up. You insert your card, then proceed to put your wine glass under the spout and select a sample, a half glass or a full glass. Being that I love any and all white wines, I stayed towards that side of the selections.

After finally picking out my favorite (Riesling!), we each filled our glasses and sat down for some weekly catch-up. Again, I'm so thankful for nights like these and friends like this.


Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment